Sunday, April 20, 2008

John and Abigail

Over the past 7 weeks, I have sat every Sunday evening watching the 7 part miniseries John Adams. History its self interests me so much. Its amazing how people lived back then, how the birth of our country was made. When you sit back and think, just how many people lost their lives for our freedom, the sweat and tears that fell.


Looking back I wonder how Abigail Adams did it so long without her wonderful husband at her side. She seemed to be such a strong lady, loosing one of her sons, and her only daughter before her death, just a week before their 54th wedding anniversary. I myself know how wonderful it is to have the love of your life., and I feel like when John lost Abigail he lost his whole heart. I am so happy I got the opportunity to watch the entire miniseries!

1 comment:

groovyteach said...

I watched part of it and found it very interesting. I think John was kind of misunderstood.