Monday, March 9, 2015

God puts people in our lives for a reason - Liz

September 8, 2014 was my live or die day. I survived through the day and ended up in the hospital and then somewhere no one want to be, jail. I have done a lot of things in my life that I regret and met a lot of different people. On September 11, 2014 the 1st sargent came down to the block to get me and pulled me into the attorney rooms and I was told that Tony hung himself in his cell. I am not sure if it was coming off of things or the will of not going back into that place or what, however when they took me to booking to wait on seeing his body I asked if someone in particular could come sit with me. I asked for Liz. She came up and sat and held me for hours. She let me cry on her shoulder, didn't judge me, and told me if I needed anything she would be there for me. I was sent up to booking and put into a room where they could keep an eye on me and was up there for a total of 7 weeks before I and my roomate came back down to the block, locked down for a total of 72 days. Liz was more of a momma to all of us girls in there and she did so much for me while she was there. She got out two days before Christmas and from there I did what I could to take over some of her rolls, making sure everyone was ok, if they needed anything do what I could and be there for any of the girls that needed someone to be there for them. I have had the opportunity here on the outside to meetup with her and have told her Thank you so many times but I truly am so thankful for her being there for me. I am sure I will be posting more to the post but wanted real quick to let her and my readers know there is always someone out there that can bring you out of the darkness and Liz was one of those who helped bring me out of the darkness. Love you Liz.

No comments: